To close out 2014, we’ve compiled our most popular resources of the year, including videos, articles, and graphics. We included a few FME usage statistics, and even our favourite fun moments of 2014.
Browse through the interactive slides to see the resources, and/or read through the list below.
- 5 Tips to Become an Esri Geodatabase Power User
- How to Load Data into Google Maps Engine
- The XYZ’s of Lidar: Lessons from 6 Point Cloud Wins
Top blog posts
- Using the Twitter Stream API to Visualize Tweets on Google Maps
- JSON Validator: A Comparison of Tools and Techniques
- Moving Data over the Web: AJAX vs. WebSockets vs. Webhooks
Top FME Channel videos
Top FME International User Conference 2014 presentations
- Opening Remarks – Don Murray & Dale Lutz, Co-founders, Safe Software
- Keynote from Boundless
- FME 2015 and Beyond
- The Ultimate Geospatial Data Validation Checklist (also on the blog)
- State of BIM Adoption in GIS
- How to do more with ArcGIS Online
(Ok, we only have one ebook so far. But it was pretty darn popular.)
Top slide decks
- FME Extensive Usage Inside the Mapping Production System of Natural Resources Canada (FME UC presentation)
- BIM and GIS Integration: A ‘How-To’ with FME (Webinar)
- MicroStation DGN: How to Integrate CAD and GIS (Webinar)
Top FMEpedia pages
- Which version of FME Desktop for Windows should I install?
- Python and FME Basics
- Notes on FME and Esri Versions and Compatibility
Top FME Community Answers contributors
These users have contributed most to our FME community, with over a thousand posts each!
FME 2014 Usage Statistics
Most inspected in the FME Data Inspector
- Esri Shapefile
- FME Feature Store (FME’s internal format. This tells us that people are frequently inspecting their data intermediately before writing out to the destination format.)
- Esri Shapefile
Top Safe Software moments
So hard to choose, and all subjective, but here are 3.
- Don’s XML outburst at the FME UC (and further XML love declarations)
- Dmitri‘s Gävle Goat explosion that made the Gävle newspaper
- The most excellent data-driven artwork we saw in our Mapnik contest
Overall best person
Thank you for your support throughout 2014. What a year! Time for all of us to kick back by the fireplace and enjoy some holiday cheer before we come back for the big FME 2015 release. See you in the New Year!